- Are you interested in attending a Teaching Baby Behavior Conference? We don't have anything scheduled yet, but we are collecting names of people interested in attending a future conference. For information about the previous train-the-trainer conference (as a sample), click here or contact us!
- 7 Secrets of Baby Behavior Tearsheets have a brand new look! They have the same great content with a new and modern design. To see a sample, visit our Products page.
- The Secrets of Baby Behavior Booklet is now available as an E-book! Vist Amazon.com and search "Secrets of Baby Behavior" or click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE!
Secrets of Baby Behavior Booklet: For more information, contact us or click here.
- The California Baby Behavior Campaign is in full swing!
All WIC agencies in California have received new Baby Behavior trainings and materials to promote postive caregiver-infant interactions! For more information about the campaign, click here.
- The materials from the FITWIC Baby Behavior Study are now available online! The materials produced as part of the FitWIC Baby Behavior Study are now available on the WIC Sharing Center website. The materials are free to download and are not restricted to WIC agencies or employees. To access the materials directly, visit http://www.nal.usda.gov/wicworks/Sharing_Center/gallery/FitWICBaby.htm.
- November 2013: Breastfeeding may reduce Alzheimer's risk Full Story
- October 2012: Hospital stop provideing free formula samples to promote breastfeeding Full Story
- June 2012: Breastfeeding goals are not being met Full Story
- October 2011: Breastfed infants have higher test scores later in life Full Story
- Secrets of Baby Behavior Blog
It's time to use a little common sense and readjust our thinking. We can learn a lot from babies and the wonderful research that has been done about them over the last 30 years. In this blog, you'll hear from moms who have been in the trenches (and in the classroom), who understand what you are going through and what your baby is trying to tell you. We look forward to sharing our knowledge and experience with you and we hope that you'll share your ideas and questions with us. www.secretsofbabybehavior.com
- The Human Lactation Center is now on Facebook! Become a Fan
We are currently in the second phase of a new 3-year USDA Special Project Grant called Targeting Behavioral Triggers of Overfeeding: Obesity Prevention in Older Infants and Toddlers at WIC (or TOTT Study, for short). Using the materials developed in the Toddler Project, the TOTT Study will extend, expand, and evaluate behavioral nutrition education to address the needs of caregivers of older infants (7-12 months of age) and toddlers (to 18 months of age) in California WIC.
For additional information about these studies, as well as completed studies, visit our Research page.