- The Secrets of Baby Behavior Booklet is now available as an E-book! Vist Amazon.com and search "Secrets of Baby Behavior" or click here.
- NOW AVAILABLE!
Secrets of Baby Behavior Booklet: For more information, contact us or click here.
- We have a new blog! Our Baby Behaviorist blog is a new resource for professionals and paraprofessionals who share information on Baby Behavior with the families they serve. The posts will be used to present research in the area of infant feeding and behavior, answer questions from readers, and share successful strategies for helping caregivers better understand their babies. Check it out at www.babybehaviorist.com!
- The California Baby Behavior Campaign is in full swing!
All WIC agencies in California have received new Baby Behavior trainings and materials to promote postive caregiver-infant interactions! For more information about the campaign, click here.
- The materials from the FITWIC Baby Behavior Study are now available online! The materials produced as part of the FitWIC Baby Behavior Study are now available on the WIC Sharing Center website. The materials are free to download and are not restricted to WIC agencies or employees. To access the materials directly, visit http://www.nal.usda.gov/wicworks/Sharing_Center/gallery/FitWICBaby.htm.
- October 2012: Hospital stop provideing free formula samples to promote breastfeeding Full Story
- June 2012: Breastfeeding goals are not being met Full Story
- October 2011: Breastfed infants have higher test scores later in life Full Story
- May 2011: Breastfeeding babies develop fewer behavior problems Full Story
- Baby Behaviorist Blog
Those of us who work with babies and their families can learn from the ever growing body of literature related to infant growth and development. In this blog, we'll share classic and recent research in the areas of infant feeding and behavior. Together, we can help families have more realistic expectations for their infants' behavior and support informed infant-feeding decisions. www.babybehaviorist.com
- Secrets of Baby Behavior Blog
It's time to use a little common sense and readjust our thinking. We can learn a lot from babies and the wonderful research that has been done about them over the last 30 years. In this blog, you'll hear from moms who have been in the trenches (and in the classroom), who understand what you are going through and what your baby is trying to tell you. We look forward to sharing our knowledge and experience with you and we hope that you'll share your ideas and questions with us. www.secretsofbabybehavior.com
- The Human Lactation Center is now on Facebook! Become a Fan
We are currently in the second phase of a new 3-year USDA Special Project Grant called Targeting Behavioral Triggers of Overfeeding: Obesity Prevention in Older Infants and Toddlers at WIC (or TOTT Study, for short). Using the materials developed in the Toddler Project, the TOTT Study will extend, expand, and evaluate behavioral nutrition education to address the needs of caregivers of older infants (7-12 months of age) and toddlers (to 18 months of age) in California WIC.
Building upon the success of the FitWIC Baby Behavior Study, staff of the UC Davis Human Lactation Center are partnering with California WIC on a new project to identify triggers of overfeeding of infants and toddlers from 6 to 18 months of age.
"Just in Case" A Qualitative Study of Reasons Why Mothers Request Formula in the Hospital
The Human Lactation Center is currently working to learn more about why breastfeeding mothers request formula during their hospital stay. Results of this qualitative research will be used to develop messages to assist mothers to feel more confident in their ability to breastfeed exclusively.
For additional information about these studies, as well as completed studies, visit our Research page.