TEACHING BABY BEHAVIOR:
A Train-the-Trainer Conference for Professionals
January 14-16, 2013 (REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. CHECK BACK FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES OR CONTACT US)
Baby Behavior messages have been successful in improving infant-feeding practices by addressing common “trigger” behaviors for overfeeding such as infant crying and waking. Please join us for this exciting 3-day conference to gain the skills and tools you need to train your colleagues or staff to better understand basics of normal infant development and behavior and to use research-based counseling techniques that successfully drive behavior change.
- Increase your knowledge of normal infant behavior and its impact on infant-feeding practices.
- Develop and expand your skills to teach Baby Behavior messages and counseling techniques to your colleagues and staff.
Who should attend?
- WIC and other public health program staff and trainers interested in implementing Baby Behavior education in their agencies.
- Health care providers and staff who wish to expand their abilities to address new parents’ common questions about Baby Behavior.
- Educators currently training students, interns, and others intending to work with new parents.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, Registered Nurses, and other health-related workers who work with new parents.
For a flyer with the conference information (pdf version) click here.
Day 1-January 14, 2013 (9:00am-4:30pm)
Day 2–January 15, 2013 (9:00am–4:30pm)
Day 3–January 16, 2013 (9:00am–3:15pm)
UC Davis Buehler Alumni & Visitor Center
Davis, CA 95616
For a pdf copy of this information, click here.
- Option 1: Baby Behavior Training (Day 1 only)
Attendees who are interested in attending the Baby Behavior training, but not the Train-the-Trainer portion can register for just the first day. They will receive the full Baby Behavior training, consisting of the following sessions:
- Baby Behavior Introduction
- Infant States and Cues
- Infant Crying
- Infant Sleep
- Caregiver-Infant Interactions
- Newborn Behavior
- Option 2: Teaching Baby Behavior (Full conference, Days 1-3)
This option includes the Baby Behavior training described above, plus the2-day train-the-trainer course. Day 2 includes sessions covering the training structure, tailoring trainings for target audiences, and skill building activities. On Day 3, attendees will practice putting together and teaching a Baby Behavior course and the Human Lactation Center staff will provide support and feedback for adapting trainings into specific situations.
Registration Fees - UPDATED
Early-Bird Registration - August 21– October 19, 2012 (UPDATED) Baby Behavior Training (Day 1 only) - $195 Teaching Baby Behavior (Days 1-3) - $395 Standard Registration – October 20 – December 7, 2012 Baby Behavior Training (Day 1 only) - $225 Teaching Baby Behavior (Days 1-3) - $425
- Late Registration – December 8 – January 7, 2013
- Baby Behavior Training (Day 1 only) - $250
- Teaching Baby Behavior (Days 1-3) - $450
**Registration is no closed.
Registration Packet - UPDATED
To access the updated registration packet, click here.
- For payment by check, please complete page 3 of the registration packet and submit by mail, fax, email, or by phone (click here for contact information). The form can be completed on your computer or by hand.
- For payment by credit card, you do not need to complete the registration form in the packet provided above, just click on the link that corresponds to the option you choose:
For Option 1 (1 day training) - https://registration.ucdavis.edu/Item/Details/66
For Option 2 (3 day training) - https://registration.ucdavis.edu/Item/Details/65
- Once the form and payment have been received, you will receive a confirmation email.
**Please note that credit card numbers must be submitted by mail or over the phone. For your security, we do not accept credit card payments by email or fax. If you'd like to email or fax your form, we will contact you by phone within 3 business days to get your payment information.
Driving Directions and Parking Information
Driving directions and parking information are available on the UC Davis Visitor Services website.
- 3-Day Agenda (draft version)
Click here to see comments about our past conferences!
Continuing Education Credits:
- Approved for 2.75 L-CERPs and 13.5 R-CERPs by IBLCE, Provider Number C1220533
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 15867 for 17 contact hours
In order to cover our mandatory expenses, we must adhere to the following refund policy:
- Full refunds (100%) will be available for cancellations up to and including 30 days prior to the event.
- 50% refunds will be available for cancellations up to and including 14 days prior to the event.
- No refunds are available for cancellations less than 14 days prior to the event.
- We are sorry but there will be no exceptions to this policy.