TEACHING BABY BEHAVIOR:
A Train-the-Trainer Conference for Professionals
Baby Behavior messages have been successful in improving infant-feeding practices by addressing common “trigger” behaviors for overfeeding such as infant crying and waking. Please join us for this exciting 2-day conference to gain the skills and tools you need to train your colleagues or staff to better understand basics of normal infant development and behavior and to use research-based counseling techniques that successfully drive behavior change.
- Increase your knowledge of normal infant behavior and its impact on infant-feeding practices.
- Develop and expand your skills to teach Baby Behavior messages and counseling techniques to your colleagues and staff.
Who should attend?
- WIC and other public health program staff and trainers interested in implementing Baby Behavior education in their agencies.
- Health care providers and staff who wish to expand their abilities to address new parents’ common questions about Baby Behavior.
- Educators currently training students, interns, and others intending to work with new parents.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, Registered Nurses, and other health-related workers who work with new parents.
For a flyer with the conference information (pdf version) click here.
Day 1-October 6, 2011 (9:00am-4:30pm)
Day 2–October 7, 2011 (9:00am–4:30pm)
UC Davis Conference Center
550 Alumni Lane
Davis, CA 95616
Early Bird (Before August 5th) - $295 Standard (August 5th through September 5th) - $325 Late (After September 5th) - $355
Registration (NOW CLOSED)
There are 2 ways to register:
- To pay by credit card, register at http://conferences.ucdavis.edu/baby
- To pay by check, contact our office by phone or email (contact us)
Rooms have been set aside at the following hotels. When reserving a room, mention that you are attending the Baby Behavior Conference to get the listed rate. Rooms will be held until September 5th, so book yours early!
Other hotels in the area:
Driving Directions and Parking Information
Driving directions and parking information are available on the conference center web site.
- If you are coming from the Sacramento airport, take I-5 South towards Sacramento to I-80 West towards San Francisco. Exit UC Davis. Turn right onto Old Davis Road and continue straight, past the Mondavi Center. The Conference Center is across Vanderhoef Quad from the Mondavi Performing Arts Center at the corner of Old Davis Road and Alumni Lane.
- The parking machines accept both cash and credit cards.
- 2-Day Agenda (draft version) *updated*
Click here to see comments about our past conferences!
Continuing Education Credits:
- Application for CERPs has been submitted to IBLCE
- Application for Contact Hours has been submitted to the Board of Registered Nursing.
Please check back at a later date to confirm approval.
In order to cover our mandatory expenses, we must adhere to the following refund policy:
- Full refunds (100%) will be available for cancellations up to and including 30 days prior to the event.
- 50% refunds will be available for cancellations up to and including 14 days prior to the event.
- No refunds are available for cancellations less than 14 days prior to the event.
- We are sorry but there will be no exceptions to this policy.